Music in Me - Give your 3 -4 year old a great headstart in music, piano and life!
3. Creative education-- With Harmony Road/Music in Me teaching techniques, a wide variety of teaching tools and group dynamics are available to our teachers.: the child plays the left hand while their parent plays the right hand, some students sing note names while others count the rhythm, parents count, children play and sing, teacher accompanies, select students use rhythm instrument for background, duets, trios, solos...the possibilities are endless.
What can the Music in Me Classes do for my child?
Music in Me is the perfect music and piano preparation class. It develops singing voices, a good ear, strong rhythm, note reading, and keyboard familiarity, in classes that are energetic, engaging and fun.
1. Fun with parents and new friends-- At this age, piano and the foundations of music are most successfully learned with other kids . And, having parents involved and participating lets children know this is not just a "kid's thing". Peer and parent support is key.
2. 45 minutes instead of typical 30 minute private lesson-- Those private teachers who do teach this age group typically teach no more than 15 or 30 minute lessons. But with the Harmony Road/Music in Me teaching style, we keep kids learning and having fun for the entire class.
2. "The class goes by so fast" is a typical comment we get from kids and their parents. The frequent change of activities keeps attention and also helps reinforce what the kids are learning.
4. Holistic approach-- At this age, it is not just about learning to read music and play it on the piano. Children this age are still within the age where their brains can be greatly influenced and "hardwired" for music. Ear training and rhythm training taught in a well organized, researched way provide great benefits for kid's lifetong involvement with music.
5. Perfect pitch?An unusually large number of our students since 1995 have developed the ability to recognize individual musical pitches by ear alone. We attribute this to the 200 year old system known as "solfege" singing (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti, Do) Our student sing note names for every note they see or play on the piano. This helps associate and strengthen pitch recognition.
6. Parents learn too-- The more interested the parent, the more successful the child. As with all our classes, we encourage parents to think of these classes as their own. It is fun for the kids. And, we have had many parents turn into skilled pianists themselves.
8. Performance confidence-- It is never too early to get used to performing. Music in Me gives kids builds confidence and an eagerness to share that makes future music performance something to love. Not fear.
9. You won't fall behind! At this age, our job is to fill the library of kids minds with musical patterns in an organized way. Kids are immersed in rhythm, pitch, reading and all facets of music making. Repetition is vital and, if done creatively, exactly what young musicians this age need.
and just a few more....
10. Pace and materials are specifically designed for each age
11. Teachers are great with kids. Excellent classroom management.
12. Teachers are certified to teach this curriculum.
13. Over 23 years experience teaching this program.