Art of Acting For Ages 10 - 15
All Art of Actingclasses are designed, taught or supervised by Phil Hosford (Helen-Hayes and WATCH Awards Best Lead Actor nominee) who is first and foremost dedicated to teaching practical, useful and effective acting technique for film and stage to all ages.
- Acting is Doing: The heart of acting. We start with playing specific objectives from the very first class.
- Acting is Reacting: Willingness to listen, be "in the moment" and available to be changed by your partner.
- Acting is easy to explain (like tennis) but takes experienced coaching to build the greatest skill in the least amount of time.
- "Shows" give experience of being in a show. They do not teach acting skill. That's what class is for.
- Classes should be (and are) naturally fun and captivating
- Minimum of game playing.
- Classes are filled with laughter, but games that do little or nothing to build acting skills are out.