Piano Classes for 4 - 5 year olds: The Harmony Road Piano Course
To learn more about our Piano Classes for 4 - 5 year olds, contact us!
5. "Not just piano" approach-- At this age, it is not just about learning to read music and play it on the piano. This is the prime age to "hardwire" the brain for music. Ear-artraining and rhythm training are an important part of each class. In fact, children sing every note they play or see. Our classes often sound like children's choirs.
6. Perfect pitch?-- We can't claim that all our young children develop perfect pitch (the ability to recognize individual notes just by ear with being told or reading them). But, we can absolutely say that statistically, far more students coming through these classes do develop it than the students who don't. We attribute this to the 200 year old system known as "solfege", singing Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti, Do. Consistently singing the names of the notes as they play or see them, associates the note names with individual pitches. Since each note name has a different vowel sound, unlike English letter names which all end in long "ee" or the stopped "eff" sound, solfege makes a much deeper impression on the student's memory.
7. Learn to listen as an ensemble player-- In private lessons, too often students stop and start. When playing in an ensemble, students learn to keep going, keep up and not let a mistake throw them off.
8. Parents learn too-- The more interested the parent, the more successful the child! We encourage parents to think of these classes as their classes too. Many of our parents have turned into outstanding private students over the years.
9. Performance confidence-- While children are never forced to play solo, they are welcome to perform solos in almost every class for their peers and parents. They get very used to playing for people! Our end of semester class recitals are open to family and friends as are our recitals for the Harmony Road Program classes overall.
10. You won't fall behind-- If you miss a class the home activities are automatically emailed to you. You want to try to make every class if you can. But sometimes it is not possible. We make sure you have the activities immediately.
11. Curriculum specifically designed for each age
12. Teachers with great classroom management skills
13. Teachers who can teach the curriculum
14. 20 years experience teaching this program
Piano Classes for 4 - 5 year olds provides children this age a fun, engaging environment for beginning music at the piano. There are many benefits that come with this our Harmony Road 1 Program piano classes for 4 - 5 year olds:
1. Peers, parents and new friends-- At this age, learning piano is so much more successful when it is done with other children. And, having parents involved and participating lets children know this is not just a "kids thing".
2. 1 hour instead versus typical 30 minute private lesson-- Those private teachers who do teach this age group typically teach no more than 15 or 30 minute lessons. But with the Harmony Road Music approach, we can keep them for a full class hour and not lose their attention.
3. "The class goes by so fast" is a typical comment we get from kids and their parents. The frequent change of activities keeps attention and also helps reinforce skills and concepts.
4. Creative education-- A tremendous variety of teaching techniques are used in class. For example, your child may play the left hand while you play the right hand (yes! you learn too!). Or, some students sing the note names while others count the rhythm, or parents count, children play and sing, teacher accompanies, select students use rhythm instrument for background, duets, trios, solos ... the possibilities are endless.